Are you looking to buy or sell real estate and need select a real estate professional? The task of finding the right realtor® to represent you in the process can be daunting due to the sheer number of people with their license in the marketplace.
First off, determine what your top priority is. Is it the amount of return on the sale? Are you on a tight timeline and needing to sell fast? Are you searching for the perfect property? Or are you strictly wanting to find the right representation based on commission, area of expertise, years of experience, personality, or communication style?
- If you are ready to sell or buy, contact us at Julia Monaghan Real Estate today. We’re here to help you in your search with our 7 best tips on finding the perfect realtor®.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
7 Tips for Finding the Right Realtor®
- Don’t be afraid to interview multiple people. ⠀
- Understand who you will be working with. A team is great due to the amount of experience they collectively bring to the table. BUT just because you are interviewing ‘Miss/Mr Top Realtor in the Area’ doesn’t mean you’ll be working with them directly. You may get handed off to a team member with little experience while the person you thought you’d be working with is simply overseeing.
- Understand that you don’t need to sign an “exclusive buyer agreement”. When working with a buyers agent you don’t need to sign a formal agreement committing to them. If an agent requires it, make sure to understand why. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Know that it’s ok to say, “This isn’t working.” You can always shift the way you operate together during the process, or if that doesn’t work, you can find someone that is a better fit.
- Do your research!! Check reviews, social media, and determine their communication style. You can get a good feel for a person and the business they do by looking at their online footprint. ⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Find out if they are a full time realtor or a part time hobbyist.
- The most inexpensive isn’t always the best and may not get you the most in return. Always read the fine print and understand what is included in their services. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀